Terms and Conditions....
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE CONTRACT BETWEEN US FOR THE SUPPLY OF GOODS WHICH YOU HAVE ORDERED FROM US. THEY DO NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS AS A CONSUMER.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. GENERAL - In these Terms and Conditions of Sale, "us" means C E Distributors, the "goods" means any item of whatsoever nature which is to be sold or supplied by us including services, and "you" means the person firm or body corporate which buys or has agreed to buy the goods. These Terms and Conditions of Sale will apply to and form part of every contract of sale entered into by us. All orders are accepted and executed on the understanding that you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Sale which will govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such order is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or purported to be made, by you. No contract of sale shall come into being unless and until you have accepted these Terms and Conditions of Sale either expressly or by implication. These Terms and Conditions of Sale cannot be varied except in writing signed by one of our Directors. Nothing that is said by any member of our staff should be taken as being a variation of these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
2. ORDER ACCEPTANCE - We must receive payment of the full price for the goods you order and any relevant carriage charges and VAT before your order can be accepted. Our acceptance and/or fulfilment of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us.
3. DESCRIPTION - The description of the goods is as set out on our website and this together with any images or illustrations shown has been made as accurate as possible so as to give an idea of the item described. Whilst we have used our best endeavours to describe and show all items accurately the descriptive and illustrative details will not form a part of any contract of sale.
4. PRICE - The price payable for the goods you order is as set out on our website. Prices on our website are shown exclusive of VAT. We reserve the right to change the prices shown at any time and we will contact you before we process your order if there are any changes which apply since you placed it. Where or when advertised on our website our price promise applies to any lower published price for an equal product that is offered on the same terms within the UK. "Equal" means that the product should be the same brand and specification. The product must be offered with the same delivery service and the competitor must have stock available at the time of order. Pricing will not be matched where extras such as delivery charges apply. To qualify the competitor price and other details of their offer must be published in writing.
5. DELIVERY – Orders are normally despatched the same day if they are received by us before 12:00 midday on a working day. Delivery is usually then made the next working day or within a maximum 3 working days after despatch, depending on order value and type. (Next day delivery does not apply at weekends or on Bank Holidays). Some items may have a different delivery time and wherever possible we indicate this in our webpage description for these items. A delivery charge may be added to some orders depending on delivery location, and details are as set out on our website. For delivery to some remote and offshore areas and for delivery outside the UK, and for delivery of some very large or bulky items there may be an additional delivery charge which we will advise you of before accepting your order. Delivery to these areas may also take a day or so longer. Delivery of large and bulky items will be to the ground floor street level entrance only and delivery of these items does not include unpacking assembling or positioning. You are responsible for ensuring that items you have purchased will fit through doorways and into their final location. We will not accept responsibility if an item will not fit. Aborted delivery charges and any redelivery charges where a delivery has been attempted and has failed will be your responsibility. Once the goods have been delivered to you, you are the owner of them and we will not be liable for them. We will not be liable for non-delivery of any goods unless you advise us within 7 days of the date when the goods would in the ordinary course of events have expected to have been received. Orders for items which are not stocked by us and which are specially ordered for you may not be cancelled or may incur a cancellation charge once they have been ordered from our suppliers.
6. AVAILABILITY - We always try to make sufficient stock available to meet all customer orders. If for any reason goods are not in stock when your order is placed, then your credit or debit card will not be debited until the goods are available and are despatched to you.
7. DELAY, DAMAGES AND SHORTAGES - We shall not be liable to you for any failure to deliver goods which you have ordered, or for any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by events or circumstances beyond our reasonable control (including, without limitation, strikes, lockouts and other industrial disputes). If any items are received damaged on delivery or are short-delivered, we must be advised of the damages or shortages within 24 hours of the delivery taking place. No claims for damage or shortage will be entertained if advised after this time period.
8. RETURNS – Goods are not supplied on approval and will be accepted for return entirely at our discretion. However, subject to prior authorisation by our returns department and the issue of a valid return number, you may return to us (at your cost) unused goods delivered to you within 7 days of the date of delivery. Returned goods must be in perfect condition and in the original packaging and with all instruction manuals etc. and must be sent with a note of the reason for return and the return number. You will be given a refund of the price you paid (minus an amount for shipping charges you and we have paid), less any applicable restocking fee (if a fee applies we will confirm details when we approve your return request). The amount due to you will be refunded provided you follow our return process and the goods are returned by you and are received back properly packaged and in the condition they were in when they were despatched to you. All returned goods are fully examined when they are received and a report is made to our customer service department before a refund is processed. To request a return, you must email our returns department at firstname.lastname@example.org with your order details and full contact details and a brief summary of the reason for the return request. Any goods returned without a return number or not in the condition detailed above will be rejected and may be destroyed. Goods which are not stocked by us and which have been specially ordered for you will not be accepted for return unless they are defective.
9. WARRANTY – Goods are guaranteed in accordance with the manufacturers warranty or for 12 months from delivery unless otherwise specified or the item is stated to have "no commercial warranty". Warranty applies to UK mainland only. Warranty covers manufacturing defects only and excludes wear and tear and defects caused by improper use or failure to follow manufacturers instructions and proper maintenance and cleaning procedures.
10. GOVERNING LAW - The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law. English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.
11. EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY - We shall not be liable in any way for any loss of revenue, profit, goodwill or any consequential or indirect or other loss or damage arising out of the purchase of any goods by you from us or late or non delivery of goods. You agree and confirm that you are in a better position than we are to assess and estimate any likely damage or loss that you may incur in connection with the order of any goods from us and that we cannot therefore insure any likely damage for which we have excluded liability under this cause. Nothing in this clause shall exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of C E Distributors or its employees or agents, or any other liability which it is prohibited from excluding at law.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING THIS WEBSITE
GENERAL. This Disclaimer is to be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions of Sale which are also detailed on this page. You are a "customer" under this Disclaimer and under our Terms and Conditions of Sale if you are buying products from us.
CUSTOMER USE. The information contained on this website is intended to be used only by customers. We do not authorise the use of such information for any purpose other than your use as a customer, and we prohibit the resale, redistribution, and the use of this information for any commercial purpose.
ACCURACY. We use our best efforts to ensure that the information contained in this website is accurate and is not misleading. We retain the right, without obligation, to amend or delete product details or other information without notice.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY. We expressly exclude liability for any claims, loss, demands or damages of any kind whatsoever, with respect to the use of this website or any misleading information or omissions it may contain, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental or consequential loss or damages, whether arising from loss of revenue, loss of data, loss of profits or otherwise. If you are a consumer your Statutory Rights are not affected in any way by this. Nothing in this clause is intended to exclude liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence.
COPYRIGHT. All of the website design, graphics, text, and their arrangement on this website, and all other material on this website is our property or the property of our suppliers. We own the "cedistributors" logos and trade mark. All material is copyright. Permission is granted to customers to electronically copy and to print to hard copy any part of this website, provided that it is done so for the sole purpose of placing an order with us.
C E Distributors is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
C E Distributors may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.